IJGI Special Issue on Research Data Management published
The IJGI Special Issue on Research Data Management that emerged out of the 2nd Workshop on Data Management organized by members of the CRC806-Database and the TR32DB, is now finished and published.
In summary, 15 papers are now published within a Special Issue of ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information on Research Data Management, to which the participants of the 2nd Workshop on Data Management, that took place in Cologne in November 2014, were invited.
The high quality and quantity of contributions to the Special Issue is a very good turnout, that excelled our best hopes for the Special Issue. The topic of Research Data Management is covered from many different angles. From training and teaching of research in Data Management practices, over specialized infrastructures for specific research domains and disciplines, as well as topics of semantic e-Science, the importance of well defined metadata, to the application of unique identifiers, e.g. DOI’s, and linked data management and implementations were covered by well known experts of their fields.
See below the full list of the published papers in this Special Issue:
- Ulbricht, D.; Elger, K.; Bertelmann, R.; Klump, J. panMetaDocs, eSciDoc, and DOIDB—An Infrastructure for the Curation and Publication of File-Based Datasets for GFZ Data Services. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2016, 5(3), 25; doi:10.3390/ijgi5030025.
- Kraft, A.; Razum, M.; Potthoff, J.; Porzel, A.; Engel, T.; Lange, F.; van den Broek, K.; Furtado, F. The RADAR Project—A Service for Research Data Archival and Publication. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2016, 5(3), 28; doi:10.3390/ijgi5030028.
- Vannan, S.; Beaty, T.; Cook, R.; Wright, D.; Devarakonda, R.; Wei, Y.; Hook, L.; McMurry, B. A Semi-Automated Workflow Solution for Data Set Publication. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2016, 5(3), 30; doi:10.3390/ijgi5030030.
- Liu, W.; Purdon, K.; Stafford, T.; Paden, J.; Li, X. Open Polar Server (OPS)—An Open Source Infrastructure for the Cryosphere Community. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2016, 5(3), 32; doi:10.3390/ijgi5030032.
- Čada, V.; Janečka, K. The Strategy for the Development of the Infrastructure for Spatial Information in the Czech Republic. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2016, 5(3), 33; doi:10.3390/ijgi5030033.
- Ma, X.; Erickson, J.; Zednik, S.; West, P.; Fox, P. Semantic Specification of Data Types for a World of Open Data. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2016, 5(3), 38; doi:10.3390/ijgi5030038.
- Helbig, K. Research Data Management Training for Geographers: First Impressions. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2016, 5(4), 40; doi:10.3390/ijgi5040040.
- Wang, W.; Göpfert, T.; Stark, R. Data Management in Collaborative Interdisciplinary Research Projects—Conclusions from the Digitalization of Research in Sustainable Manufacturing. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2016, 5(4), 41; doi:10.3390/ijgi5040041.
- Green, K.; Niven, K.; Field, G. Migrating 2 and 3D Datasets: Preserving AutoCAD at the Archaeology Data Service. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2016, 5(4), 44; doi:10.3390/ijgi5040044.
- Welle Donker, F.; van Loenen, B.; Bregt, A. Open Data and Beyond. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2016, 5(4), 48; doi:10.3390/ijgi5040048.
- Weber, A.; Piesche, C. Requirements on Long-Term Accessibility and Preservation of Research Results with Particular Regard to Their Provenance. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2016, 5(4), 49; doi:10.3390/ijgi5040049.
- Sesartić, A.; Fischlin, A.; Töwe, M. Towards Narrowing the Curation Gap—Theoretical Considerations and Lessons Learned from Decades of Practice. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2016, 5(6), 91; doi:10.3390/ijgi5060091.
- Zander, F.; Kralisch, S. River Basin Information System: Open Environmental Data Management for Research and Decision Making. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2016, 5(7), 123; doi:10.3390/ijgi5070123.
- Stamnas, E.; Lammert, A.; Winkelmann, V.; Lang, U. The HD(CP)2 Data Archive for Atmospheric Measurement Data. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2016, 5(7), 124; doi:10.3390/ijgi5070124.
- Dierkes, J.; Wuttke, U. The Göttingen eResearch Alliance: A Case Study of Developing and Establishing Institutional Support for Research Data Management. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2016, 5(8), 133; doi:10.3390/ijgi5080133.
Post by: Christian Willmes